|The Ground Source Heat Pumps Rebate Program will provide up to $26,500,000 for the installation of ground source heat pump (GSHP) systems. Funding for GSHP systems has been allocated by the New York Public Service Commission through the Clean Energy Fund (CEF) and is available only for projects located on sites that pay, or, in the case of systems installed as part of new construction projects, will pay the SBC surcharge. Rebates must be passed along to Site Owners.|
Rebates are available on a first-come, first-served basis, as follows:
- Projects comprising small-scale GSHP systems (those installed in single-family residences and those systems with ≤ 10 of cooling tons) are eligible for a Rebate of $1,500 per cooling ton; and
- Projects comprising large-scale GSHP systems (those systems with > 10 of cooling tons of capacity that are not installed in single-family residences) are eligible for a Rebate of $1,200 per cooling ton.
For Projects installed in single-family homes, regardless of cooling ton capacity, Rebates are limited to no more than $15,000 per home. Rebate amounts for Projects comprising large-scale GSHP systems (regardless of actual installed cooling capacity) are limited to no more than $500,000 per building. The maximum funding available for any single Site is $1,000,000. NYSERDA reserves the right to further limit the number and amount of Rebates per Participating Installer, Participating Designer, Site Owner, site, or meter.
No single Participant can receive more than 50% ($13.25 Million) of the funding available through this Program.
Applicants in areas affected by a utility natural gas moratorium may be eligible for enhanced programs in the recently announced Clean Energy Action Plan. This includes Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. customers in Southern Westchester County and New York State Electric and Gas Corporation customers in Lansing, NY. Please use the tool located at http://www.nyserda.ny.gov/action-plan to determine your eligibility. In addition, to be eligible for NYSERDA programs, customers must pay into the System Benefits Charge:
subject to the following incentives caps, regardless of the actual installed capacity:
- Projects comprising small-scale GSHP systems (≤ 10 cooling tons) are eligible for a Rebate of $1,875 per cooling ton; and
- Projects comprising large-scale GSHP systems (> 10 cooling tons) are eligible for a Rebate of $1,500 per cooling ton.
- Rebates for single family residences are limited to $18,750
- Rebates for large scale GSHP systems are limited to $5,000,000 per project.
Participants in the Program are limited to GSHP system designers, installers, and drillers who meet Program requirements as specified in the Ground Source Heat Pump Rebate Manual, found here: https://nyserda.ny.gov/All-Programs/Programs/Become-a-Contractor/Renewable-Heating-and-Cooling/Ground-Source-Heat-Pump-Installers, and have submitted a completed Participation Agreement. Although not eligible to apply for or receive Rebates under the Program, any driller that wants to participate on Projects receiving a Rebate under this Solicitation must apply to become a Participating Driller.
Additional Program descriptions and all Program requirements are provided in the Manual.
NYSERDA may supplement or revise the funding available through this PON or any successor at any time.